Roof warranties play a pivotal role in safeguarding homeowners from unforeseen roofing issues. As a homeowner, understanding the nuances of these warranties can save you from potential financial pitfalls. At The Roofing Center, we believe in empowering our clients with knowledge, ensuring they make informed decisions about their roofing needs.
Types of Roof Warranties
When you invest in a new roof, you’ll typically encounter two primary types of warranties:
This warranty originates from the company that produced your roofing material. It generally spans 10 to 20 years and addresses defects stemming from the manufacturing process. This could include problems with the materials themselves.
Offered by the roofing contractor, this warranty covers issues that might arise due to the installation process. These warranties usually last up to a year post-installation, safeguarding homeowners from problems resulting from the contractor’s workmanship.
What Does Your Warranty Cover?
To fully grasp the extent of your roof warranty, it’s crucial to meticulously review your contract. For manufacturer warranties, coverage often encompasses:
- Major roof components like shingles, flashing, and sealants.
- Defects from the manufacturing process.
- Water damage due to incorrect shingle installation.
However, it’s essential to note that many roof manufacturers attach stringent conditions to their warranties. For instance, coverage might only apply if a defect leads to a leak and if the installation adhered strictly to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
On the other hand, installation warranties typically cover:
- Issues arising from the contractor’s faulty workmanship.
- Malfunctions due to incorrect installation.
Remember, these warranties might not cover wear and tear or damage from natural calamities. For such protection, consider procuring an additional roof insurance policy.
Deciphering Warranty Terminologies
Roof warranties often come with terms like limited, lifetime, and extended. Here’s a breakdown:
- Limited Warranty: Covers specific installation or material aspects for a predetermined duration.
- Lifetime Warranty: Generally associated with premium materials like metal roofs, these warranties offer indefinite protection against manufacturing defects.
- Extended Warranty: This supplementary policy can extend your roof’s coverage beyond the original warranty’s terms, offering added peace of mind.
The Gold Standard in Warranties
The Roofing Center takes pride in its commitment to quality. That’s why we’re elated to present one of the industry’s most robust warranties. Here’s what sets our warranty apart:
- Extended Workmanship Warranty: Spanning 25 years, this warranty is notably flexible, covering even scenarios where a product was misapplied or incorrectly installed.
- Wind Warranty: Ideal for those residing in windy locales, our warranty offers wind coverage of up to 130 mph.
- Transferability: Planning to sell your property soon? Our warranty is effortlessly transferable.
- Backed by Industry Leaders: Our warranty enjoys full backing from industry stalwarts, ensuring you’re covered even if your contractor faces unforeseen challenges.
Roof warranties are more than just a piece of paper; they’re a testament to the trust between a homeowner and their roofing service in Salt Lake City. At The Roofing Center, we’re not just another roofer in Salt Lake City; we’re your partners in ensuring your home stands tall and protected for years to come. Always remember to peruse your contract diligently and consult with your roofing companies in Salt Lake City to ensure you’re adequately shielded from potential roofing adversities.