What are the most common causes of roof damage for homes in the Rocky Mountain region?
Roof damage can become expensive and overwhelming when you allow it to fester for too long. Something that starts small, perhaps just a leak or two, can degenerate it into a full-blown catastrophe. That’s why your friends at The Roofing Center can help you identify any problem, with effective ways to address it.
Most Common Causes of Roof Damage
- Rain, Hail, Ice, & Snow
- The elements can be brutal sometimes in our part of the country. We get fierce snowstorms, hail, heavy rain, ice, and more. Those ice dams and icicles, for example, are both dangerous and detrimental to your roof.
- Tree Branches & Landscaping
- Sometimes homeowners inadvertently allow their landscaping to come too close to their home, which inflicts significant damage to the roof and siding. We always recommend any property owner (including businesses) to keep trees pruned well enough to avoid a potential disaster if it falls onto the roof.
- Poorly Positioned Gutters/Downspouts
- When gutters/downspouts aren’t set well, you’ll get pools of water either along your home foundation, on top of your roof, or elsewhere. It’s an expensive problem that you’d rather avoid by having the right sizes, and keeping them clean.
- Sun Rays
- The sun can take its toll on shingles especially. Fortunately, if you get a replacement with us, we can show you some specialty items that deflect this problem.
- Deteriorated Flashing
- Those thin strips of defensive material are vital for protecting your roof, chimney, and vents. However, they may deteriorate over time, leaving you much more vulnerable to roof damage.
What’s The Smartest Solution to These Problems?
Now that you recognize the most typical roofing hazards, what can you do about them?
Some of the minor issues may respond well to quick patchwork or maybe a few replacement shingles if the roof’s still fairly new. Then again, as you approach 15 or 20 years of lifespan, the issues may compound rather quickly.
The more chronic or severe damages may require an inspection and diagnosis from one of our licensed roofing technicians. Fortunately, we offer this for free, and we can explore ways to extend the life of your residential roof or consider replacement options if necessary. If it needs to go all the way to a full replacement, then we have multiple budget-appropriate solutions.
- Asphalt Roofing
- This includes beautiful and reliable shingle systems from manufacturers like Owens Corning.
- Metal or Steel-Coated Metal Roofing
- If you have the finances for it, metal roofing is a solid way to guarantee a sturdy roof for up to 70 years.
- Specialty Roofing
- We also assemble roofs from synthetic polymer materials, which offer outstanding fire protection, class 4 impact rating, and warranty coverage for five decades.
Can I Fix These Roofing Issues Myself?
Previously, we covered the possibility of doing a roof replacement by oneself. We share the opinion of most roofers that this is neither a safe nor an effective way to fix roof problems. That’s true whether you’re replacing your roof with shingles, metal, stone-coated metal, or anything else.
Given all the heavy materials and installation intricacies, DIY roofers often make mistakes. Besides, it’s not the safest thing for residential homeowners to hop on their roof for repair work. Slip-and-fall accidents are still rather common, which is yet another sterling reason to outsource this task to a reliable contractor, like The Roofing Center.
Hire Us to Address All the Common Causes of Roof Damage
If you suspect you have roof trouble, call us before it gets substantially worse, and harder to repair. Our base of operations is in Sandy Utah, but we also operate locations in Fort Collins, CO, Montana, and Idaho.
Contact the pros at The Roofing Center today to put an end to all the causes of roof damage on top of your home.