What are the telltale signs of poorly installed stone coated steel roofing?
Nothing’s worse than making a significant investment into premium roofing material, only to get a compromised product from shabby installation. Therefore, we warn customers to research companies to avoid hiring an unqualified stone-coated steel roofing contractor.
Here are some signs that your contractor made major mistakes during the installation process.
Signs of a Poorly Installed Stone Coated Steel Roofing
First, what is stone-coated steel roofing?
This is our preferred roofing material because it combines the superior aesthetics of stone or tiles with the durability of metal. As the name suggests, it consists of an underlying steel sheet, coated with ornate and curb-appealing stone tiles, attached with a strong adhesive material. Like any other premium material, it requires careful workmanship to ensure top-notch results.
You may notice some of these problems if the contractor did haphazard installation work.
- They failed to use the correct insulation, making the roof noisy during rain or hail.
- Despite solid materials, something comes loose because of measurement error, and subsequent poor installation.
- Some of the stone material detaches.
- The contractor failed to align the stone tiles uniformly.
- Certain sections of the roof don’t look the same (possibly because the roofer ran out of appropriate materials).
- They recycle old flashing material, vents, or other fixtures.
- The underlayment or decking have issues, contributing to leaks.
Common Problems You May Encounter with Unqualified Contractors
Then you may notice certain issues with the contractor themselves, which could become apparent either before or after hiring them. If you run into a roofing contractor that does any of these things, head the other direction fast.
- Their company lacks insurance, or the specific technician doesn’t have the requisite licensing or training to do the job.
- Sometimes things are too good to be true. It helps to research the market costs of roofing materials. That way, a less reputable contractor can’t cajole you into a “bargain deal” that doesn’t match the product or service. The roofers who promise you cheap rates will always deliver cheap results.
- They won’t show you examples of their previous work. Also, you can’t find positive testimonials or consumer feedback on their business in places like Google Reviews or GuildQuality.
- Their communication skills are poor or they can’t give you a clear cost estimate.
- They insist you make an up-front payment for a project, and/or they won’t write an actual contract for it. Beware any business contractor who attempts to do anything without documentation.
Advantages to Hiring an Experienced Installation Crew
The two major advantages of using this outstanding product are: 1) Terrific Life Expectancy, and 2) A Beautiful Roof Aesthetic. Although this isn’t a cheap roofing solution by any means, it’s well worth it if you want to solve every problem for decades. Many of the residential roofing clients we meet want to satisfy those two primary concerns.
Finally, it’s well worth your effort to research and identify a reliable and experienced installation crew. You’ll enjoy a much better finished product and greater peace of mind when you partner with a roofer with a multi-decade reputation for great customer service.
Contact Us and NEVER Tolerate Poorly Installed Stone Coated Steel Roofing
Regardless of the size or complexity of your home, you can expect premium-level results from The Roofing Center. It doesn’t make sense to tolerate lackluster roofing installation when you spend thousands of dollars on a project.
You don’t have to rely on our word to know we’re a legitimate roofing company. It’s easy to check The Roofing Center’s company profile on Google or GuildQuality and see the long list of clients we’ve helped enjoy better roofs.
At the end of the day, you’ll never have to worry about poorly installed stone coated steel roofing if you contact us for the job.